Chantys are headed north in numbers !!!

Well done,and congrats there Cajun ! I have had some serious medical conditions,and have been gone for a long time,even missed morel season.But I am back,and ready to hunt again. I love chants,and they should start up here in no. Va. soon. Thanks for the inspiration t😀

Ahhhh Chantys! I found a patch two years ago here in Alaska. I was quite excited. I've hunted hard are haven't found any since. I'm quite jealous of you. They are one of my favorites. I do however live in a Hedgehog heaven so I get to bottle and dry enough shrooms for my consumption for the year. 

Nice find young man!

Love my Walmart bags Cajun! Adawg I found 12 oz Friday,some real nice and fresh and some a bit past. Mostly in small groups 2-3 but they are up. No big scores yet but worth while.

IMG_20180624_112719.jpg

Thanks Cajun! Good to be back! Still want to get back down to La. ! Need to catch some reds and specks ! Love them mud bugs too. There used to be a place in Lafayette,that had the best crawfish pie !! Can't remember the name of the place,been a long time.Mattva,that is awesome ! You are just a long stone throw from me, maybe they are up here too ! Will hit my best spot on Wednesday.. Will post the results.. Good luck all !!

Adawg, look forward to your findings and good to see you moving about again. The chants started to show a bit in May but I think the ground temp has just started getting right. Few milky's and boletes about too.

As always Adawg, you’re welcomed come on down. Not a big fan of the crawfish pie. To each his own. 

Nice haul Matt.... any frogs yet ? Got a few Friday night. Went to the camp for more work than play but it’s on right now 

688C7732-30A4-4071-88B0-96093133FD69.jpeg

On 6/23/2018 at 4:14 PM, KitoiBayAK said:

Ahhhh Chantys! I found a patch two years ago here in Alaska. I was quite excited. I've hunted hard are haven't found any since. I'm quite jealous of you. They are one of my favorites. I do however live in a Hedgehog heaven so I get to bottle and dry enough shrooms for my consumption for the year. 

Nice find young man!

Thanks!! I have yet to find any hedgehogs so I’m pretty jealous of that. 

Cajun, only been froggin once this year so far and only brought home about a dozen, hope to get a chance to go again.

I have only found hedgehogs twice and loved em but so far they ain't easy to find for me either.

Well, got out for a chant hunt here in northern Va. today, and found a few buttons, they have started to pop but will wait another week to go back out. The little cinabars were up, but it takes a lot to amount to a handful.😄

On 6/27/2018 at 4:36 PM, Adawg said:

Well, got out for a chant hunt here in northern Va. today, and found a few buttons, they have started to pop but will wait another week to go back out. The little cinabars were up, but it takes a lot to amount to a handful.😄

Yeah I ate those out in the woods one time on a sausage poboy lol The fellas thought I should be committed 

• 4 weeks later...