Introduce Yourselves!!

Evan

Hi Zelda, I'm so happy you found us...may I ask just HOW you found us? Where you referred to us or did you do an online search? If the latter, what was your search criteria? It is helpful to me to know how new members have found us. thanks and I hope you enjoy it hear as much as the rest of us do.

Mary

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ladyflyfish, I found you by online searching for "honey mushrooms" as I suppose the most of the mushrooms were I saw yesterday up in the hills above the Okanagan Valley. I have decided to dump the two boxes of them I collected as I have much to learn about mushroom collecting (and just read the if in doubt throw them out). I wish I had thought to look you up sooner as this is such a wasteful thing (I have a phone number to get a mushroom tour in this area now).

A quick question, since I am too chicken to cook and eat these (the mushroom on the left with the white gills) may I burn them up so they don't get into our orchard?

Until I know what I'm picking, I'll limit myself to taking pictures of mushrooms only out of the bush! Thank you so much for the info here!

Hi Zelda ... I'm new to the site and to harvesting mushroom too (except for morels). It appears you have a computer of access to the internet so you might look first at some info on Chicken of the Woods, Shaggy Mane or puffballs. They seem to be some of the first one can learn with good confidence. Hope to see you around the board and enjoy more of your photos.

'rum

Thank you so much for the info! I DID see the shaggy manes (and they were right ON the road), and some puff balls ( little guys that poofed brown smoke), but no chickens of the woods (I'm saving pics of those onto my phone as Internet was patchy up there). I am so very glad to have joined your group!

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone! I am from South Louisiana, the area known as Acadiana. I am interested in gathering wild edibles but I have never met anyone in this area that does!

A more complete introduction and my background can be found at http://www.wildmushroomhunting.org/index.php?/topic/520-hello-from-the-mushroom-wonderland-of-gulf-coast-louisiana/

Great to be here!

"Elliot Moondrake"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

My name is Solange and I recently moved to the DFW Texas area. I love to garden, fish, cook, and homestead. I enjoy growing food and I want to try to hunting and gathering. I have read about mushroom picking and I have also read about the horror stories. I still want to try it however I would love to go with someone who knows what they're doing. You can find me on my blog www.shaggysheephome.com where I talk about living in seasons.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...