Greetings Folks

shroomsgonewild

Hey Everyone,

Glad to sign up for this site and hope to start contributing soon. I've been interesting in wild mushroom hunting and identification for almost a decade now. I go hiking pretty much daily with my dogs, and try to always have my camera with me. Sometimes I think my dogs get annoyed at me stopping to trounce a few feet off into the brush going to get a closer look at some mushroom. But that's ok, if I have to stop for them every two trees, then they have to stop for me every other mushroom. Fair is fair!

I run a wild mushroom hunting blog called Shrooms Gone Wild where I post my mushroom pictures and try to write decent posts to go along with the pictures. If anyone ever sees an identification mistake please definitely drop me a line. I've been interested for 10 years, and studying in earnest for 6-7 of those years, but I'm still a student.

I also run a facebook page called ironically enough Wild Mushroom Hunting. Feel free to join up!

I love reading and learning about mushrooms, so I am eager to fit in here and hopefully have something useful to add to the discussions.

Thanks for having me on board.:)

Welcome to the board. Have you found our facebook group page? http://www.facebook.com/groups/wildmushroomhunting/ Please feel free to join us. Lots of people post photos for ID help or to show off their latest finds. Glad you found us here.

Mary

Thank for the heads up on the borked link. I fixed it.

Yes, I did join the Facebook group today, which is what led me to the site. Glad to join both :)

I can't believe the weather this year...I am still finding mushrooms pretty much daily on my hikes. Seems like a later season end than I am used to here in NJ.

Hi SGW. Nice to have you aboard. I see you do a lot of huting in NJ. Are you a member of the New Jersey mushroom club, NJMA? This is a really excellent club.

I've been meaning to join for 3 years, and for 3 years I always seem to remember only when I am in the middle of the woods that I want to join up and attend the forays! Thanks for reminding me again lol. I do a lot of hunting mostly in the highlands trails here in NJ, but often will venture down to places like Cheesequake State Park or else a couple of smaller wooded areas I know near Rutgers University, but mostly I stick up close to where I live right now.

The handful of local spots seems to put forth nearly every type of mushroom so far :) Once I was sitting around wondering to myself if I would ever find any morels ever...that same day, within a couple hours of that thought, I happened to be outside, directly outside the room I was in when I had the thought about never finding any morels, and I look down at the ground where the house meets the dirt, and growing out of a piece of wood half buried in the ground were 5-6 morels! So far, I've had very good luck hunting up here :) I'll go check in on the NJ club now again and see about joining up. :)