Baby Lion?

MattVa

I've watched Hericium mushrooms on a log for periods up to a month and have seen very little growth after the first couple of days from their appearing. Because of this, I usually pick them when I find them. Their quality for the table is best when they are young.

I'm going to agree with Dave. Lions Mane is one of a hand full I have full confidence in and that certainly looks like a tasty Lions Mane to me. I've only found them in the spring so I'm a little jealous. I didn't find any Chickens yet either:( I'm always concerned to leave them as they seem to dry out or dissapear very quickly.

When I found it a few days ago it was about the size of a silver dollar and not as toothy,now it's about close to a softball and very toothy compared. I'm probably going to pick it tomorrow there is one on the other side about the size of a golf ball that I can keep watching. As for Chickens....I found a nice one the first time I went hunting and only ID it ....found a dried up one later that was bitter and Woody but I eat enough to see if I was ok with it......haven't seen anymore sense but I'm lookn .:)