Edible Bolete?

PSR

Found these today on a hike. I would love to eat them but they're not as easy to identify as the chanterelle. Any input from the experts on here would be much appreciated. I cut them in half about 20 minutes ago and they're still white inside. Smells pretty much like a cut button or portabella ( yes I am a complete newbie.) Thanks!

20200621_140224.jpg

20200621_165241.jpg

20200621_165247.jpg

20200621_165545.jpg

Wow, thanks for the quick reply :) I just sliced a small piece off and chewed it raw. It tasted like a normal raw mushroom while chewing, but after spitting it out the aftertaste is slightly bitter. I wonder if sauteing with garlic and butter would help?  Maybe I should stick to chanterelles for now. Easy to identify and a pleasure to eat. Thank you again, SVS, for the quick reply. Hopefully I will be able to contribute helpful knowledge in the future.

Except for the stalks appearing to be only slightly reticulate near the apex, these look like Tylopilus rhoadsiae. Boletes of Eastern NA says T. rhoadsiae has a prominently/coarsely reticulate stalk. There are a couple other pale Tylopilus species listed in this book. They are all listed as inedible due to bitter taste. As previously stated, people have variable sensitivity to bitterness. It's possible that a meal of a (mildly) bitter bolete could be palatable to one person and unpalatable to another. 

Looks like nice specimens; almost no insect damage. If you do fry some, I suggest sampling only a small amount. And if someone else i willing to try it, a second opinion may be useful.

Pinkish cast to pores/tubes point toward genus Tylopilus.