Jump to content

Dig

Members
  • Content Count

    79
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Dig

Profile Information

  • Location
    El Paso
  • Interests
    Plants, camping, mushrooms

Recent Profile Visitors

39 profile views
  1. Since we cannot see the base of the stem, we cannot see any bruising effects. scratching the stem and cap pore surfaces are good places to try. Start tasting and smelling your mushrooms. Don’t swallow, just chew and spit.
  2. It looks to be a bolete of some sort. Any other information like spore print or bruising available?
  3. Looks just like our destroying angel, A. orcreata. Notice the volva at the base of the stipe.
  4. Looks like something else to me. *edit after further reading you could be correct. Mine look a bit different down here with more orange to the coloration and less pronounced spikes on the cap.
  5. Yours also look wet while mine were dry. Also mine were taken under bright, indirect light.
  6. I have eaten boat loads of morels before with zero negative effects. Of course they were cooked. I felt like the bubba gump of morels for a time. Stuffed morels, fried morels, morel omelets, etc. FYI the greenbelt around Austin has white river morels when the spring is cool and wet.
  7. Nice find. I only joined a few months ago but this community has been very informative and entertaining.
  8. Howdy Dapper Dan. FYI there are morel mimics out there.
  9. Remember it is ok to taste And spit mushrooms, even toxic ones.
  10. Did you happen to do a smell/taste test, or a spore print? First mushrooms look like shaggy parasol, Lepiota rachodes. Did the tissue stain orange-red when cut?
  11. The one in the center of your first pic does not seem to be a lobster. Russula sp. and Lactarius sp. seem to be a favored host, but they do have other hosts too. I am unaware of poisonings but if you do eat it, try a small sample first.
  12. Photos are from 9/7/19. I was going through my notes and noticed I had neglected to look this mushroom up. There was no spore print taken due to age. I did not taste either for the same reason. Smelled like earthy mushroom. It was growing from decaying wood of unrecognized type. Mixed conifer and aspen forest. The caps have raised black small tufts. Seems like we got our rains 2/3 the way through these mushrooms growth and split the caps.
×
×
  • Create New...