Orange Mushrooms

shantima

This appears to be one of the club corals of the Clavariadelphus genus, depending on where they are growing, they could be either C. americanus (associated with oak and pine) or C. pistillaris (mycorrhizal with beech trees) but these are considered pestle shaped, while yours are flatter on the top, so could be C. truncatus, which has a flat top and are a bit more yellow/orange colored. C. truncatus is also found in the your area of the west, whereas C. americanus and C. pistillaris are found in the eastern USA.

I propose that these are likely C. truncatas species.

They are edible and some say they are a desirable sweet tasting mushroom. Here is a quote from http://mushroaming.com/Telluride_CO_Mushroom_Fest :

Clavariadelphus truncatus (Quel.) Donk, the flat-topped Coral growing here in moss under conifers. This 5-15 cm (2-6 in) tall fungus is unique in having a really sweet taste. Thus, it is a choice ingredient for deserts, dishes otherwise difficult to churn out with fungal ingredients beyond candy caps.
I had seen this mushroom through the years, but rather ignored it, since I was not aware of its sweet taste. When I found it in Telluride and tasted it for the first time, I was completely surprised by its sweetness. I quickly rushed back to the spot where I had found it, looking for more of these sugar shrooms. It must have been an instant sugar high, that send me back to that spot in a state of frenzy .
© Daniel Winkler, August 22, 2008, Telluride, CO

I couldn't tell you, since they don't grow around my area and I've never tasted them. People react differently to eating mushrooms. Even if they are edible, if you find more, try eating one or two to see how they affect you and if you like them.