What kind is this

I'm new to mushrooms and found this in my uncle's yard... Really all I am hunting now is morels and lion's mane but this looked interesting.... Is it safe?? 

IMG_20170612_180048521_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170612_181556051.jpg

IMG_20170612_181550683.jpg

IMG_20170612_181518507.jpg

The cap felt velvety in touch.. all white with a brownish tip but not warted.   The gills are white also...didn't spore print was afraid my dog would snatch it he tried several times. 

Possibly Leucoagaricus leucothites.  They grow in lawns, and have stuffed to hollow stems like your pic.  The caps can also have "small bran-like particles", and feel suede like.  Also free gills.

L. leucothites cut flesh doesn't discolor.  Did this one stain, after you cut it? 

If it is L. leucothites, they are generally not recommended to eat; some people have reactions to them.

Leucoagaricus leucothites is a possibility, except the light brown scaly patch on the center of the cap points toward genus Chrlorophyllum. Flesh not staining points toward C. molybdites. This is distinguished from other species of Chlorophyllum by its green spore print. This is a toxic species that probably won't kill you, but if you eat it you will probably be very ill for awhile. Other species of Chlorophyllum --and Leucoagaricus species-- have white spore prints. Macrolepiota species have scaly caps and white spore prints. Also, some Lepiotas are similar.