New house - Just discovered this mushroom cluster in backyard

I think I have a similar cluster right now...I'll see if I can get a pic.

So, I think these are 'Little Gyms': Gymnopilus penetrans. Doesn't look like yours, and it fit with Audubon description; especially when it said the flesh tastes bitter. I tasted some and it definitely was bitter. Very yellow flesh, and smooth cap; different from the pic you took. So yours could be Honey Mushrooms, cause they don't look like little gyms. 

IMG_1106.JPG

IMG_1107.JPG

IMG_1110.JPG

Edited by GoneGone
Updated

20 hours ago, GoneGone said:

I think I have a similar cluster right now...I'll see if I can get a pic.

So, I think these are 'Little Gyms': Gymnopilus penetrans. Doesn't look like yours, and it fit with Audubon description; especially when it said the flesh tastes bitter. I tasted some and it definitely was bitter. Very yellow flesh, and smooth cap; different from the pic you took. So yours could be Honey Mushrooms, cause they don't look like little gyms. 

IMG_1106.JPG

IMG_1107.JPG

IMG_1110.JPG

You may want to start your own post in identification thread. When discussing multiple post in one thread it becomes tricky. I believe what you have is something other than Armillaria aka honey mushroom. 

Mushrooms in original post seem to fit qualities. Spore print????