Please help ID Part III

MushroomDan

Hi guys! I will be posting some species of fungi that we picked in early spring to mid-summer of 2017. Would be awesome to get some ID's and edibility status on some of these mushrooms. Thanks in advance!!!  - Dan

We picked these in New Jersey. Deciduous forest. Any ID on these would be great!!! Thanks!!!

DSC00234.JPG

DSC00235.JPG

DSC00236.JPG

DSC00195.JPG

DSC00056.JPG

DSC00147.JPG

DSC00148.JPG

DSC00189.JPG

DSC00190.JPG

DSC00191.JPG

DSC00208.JPG

DSC00210.JPG

DSC00209.JPG

DSC00045.JPG

DSC00046.JPG

Before long, it's going to get busy here... with lots of posts requesting ID proposals. It's best to make one post per type of mushroom. It can get confusing trying to keep track of multiple types pictured within one post. Dan, I see you are from New Jersey. I recommend that you join the New Jersey Mycological Association. The club holds forays in different parts of New Jersey, and there are excellent ID people among the membership. Nothing like having a mushroom in-hand when discussing the ID traits. I am a member of this excellent club, although I don't attend many of the events due to my living 2-4 hours away from the locations of their events. I do generally attend the NJMA Fungus Festival in the fall. 

First three pics... maybe Hypholoma capnoides. Knowing the type of wood would be helpful here. H. capnoides is known mainly as a fall mushroom, but Mushroom Expert says it can occur in spring. I have seen other species of Hypholoma in spring typically regarded as fall mushrooms. http://www.mushroomexpert.com/hypholoma_capnoides.html

4th pic looks like a very young Bondarzewia berkeley, aka Berkeley's Polypore. The pics seen here at Mushroom Expert look nothing like the immature one seen in this thread   http://www.mushroomexpert.com/bondarzewia_berkeleyi.html . Here's one in the "button stage" that I photographed a couple years ago  5ae330ce3f17c_BondarzewiaberkeleyiRG7-1A.thumb.jpg.9e6bbe17106b670f2d87628a2e902132.jpg

5th photo looks like immature Oyster Mushrooms, Pleurotus species. Not completely confident about this, but pretty sure.

6th photo, small mushroom with long radial striations on cap is very likely a  species of Pluteus, possibly P. longistriatus  http://www.mushroomexpert.com/pluteus_longistriatus.html .

7/8/9... are all three photos the same mushroom? The one seen growing on wood may be Leucoagaricus americanus. The cap and stalk surface of this species slowly stains reddish with age. When the mushroom is sliced open, the flesh on the inside of the stalk stains yellow/saffron. Pic 7 could be L. americanus, but it looks to me to possibly represent the similar species Chlorophyllum molybdites, a poisonous species. C. molybdites does not stain and it grows almost exclusively on lawns. 

10/11/12 show the polypore Ganoderma curtisii. I'm pretty certain of this, based on the somewhat mature one showing a lot of bright yellow on the cap. The small stubby white ones are buttons. If G. curtisii is correct, then these should have been growing on hardwood --wood of a (probably dead) deciduous tree. If they were growing on coniferous wood --in particular hemlock-- then G. tsugae is the likely species. The North American "varnished Ganodermas" that occur on hardwood have often been lumped together in field guides as G. lucidum, a species that does not occur in eastern NA. 

My guess for the last two pics is Marasmius oreades. This edible species (caps only) occurs primarily on lawns and/or in fields. It has a white spore print, and features a fairly tough/pliant stalk. There are other lawn-dwelling whitish mushrooms with white spore print that are toxic, some dangerously so. These last two photos appear to have been taken indoors, which often results in poor representation of color and lack of focus.