a beautiful day in italy Amanita Caesarea

nime

1 hour ago, Tasso said:

Is your dog a lagotto romagnolo? If so, you probably hunt truffles as well.

yes he's Archie, my lagotto, 

We go hunt truffles very often, i'm going to make some videos on my youtube channel about it,

normally i go from January to April to Bianchetto (tuber borchii) it's like tuber magnatum, less fragrant with a bit of garlic smell, much less valuable, but i like it with pasta and butter

image.jpeg.8ff41d7c86dbe0a04bf397130b7b5890.jpeg

from may to july at tuber aestivum, the most common

image.jpeg.9a0d1149212865c616ae13c0bee224f3.jpeg

and from october to december for the most popular and expensive white truffle (tuber magnatum), but I go very little to white, it's very competitive, the other hunters are too aggressive and it often happens that they kill the dogs with poisoned food, because is very expensive, like 2000 $ kg for the hunters

image.jpeg.44c6609666a90a876b018e43f034edad.jpeg

Such beautiful mushrooms. My husband is a dog breed fanatic and is such a huge fan of the Lagotto Romagnolo and your Italian tradition of mushroom hunting together--it is very exotic and romantic to people from other parts of the globe like us from Kansas. I think you would have a lot of interest on youtube. My last mushroom hunting experience was much less picturesque that yours. I didn't find anything, came back home and realized I had about 30-40 tiny seed ticks all over my back. Started to worry that maybe my Corgi dog had also gotten into them and spread them through the house, luckily they were just on me. Anyway thank you for sharing your lovely photos and dog with us. Wish I was Italian!!

16 hours ago, Prairie Fairy said:

Such beautiful mushrooms. My husband is a dog breed fanatic and is such a huge fan of the Lagotto Romagnolo and your Italian tradition of mushroom hunting together--it is very exotic and romantic to people from other parts of the globe like us from Kansas. I think you would have a lot of interest on youtube. My last mushroom hunting experience was much less picturesque that yours. I didn't find anything, came back home and realized I had about 30-40 tiny seed ticks all over my back. Started to worry that maybe my Corgi dog had also gotten into them and spread them through the house, luckily they were just on me. Anyway thank you for sharing your lovely photos and dog with us. Wish I was Italian!!

thank you very much
my youtube channel is just a diary, I have no expectations, mushrooms and truffles are a very small niche

ticks are becoming a problem here too, sometimes I find one or two on Archie, even though I use specially made collars like the "seresto"

I don't know if it also happens in Kansas, but some people here have become seriously ill with Tick Borne Encephalitis, a very serious disease