Finally some mushrooms

After the long drought here, a couple weeks ago we had a foot of rain in a week. I was able to find a good amount of boletes to run the dehydrator a couple times. They weren't too pretty so I didn't get pictures. Dried enough for two quart jars. Boletus Separans mostly and Variipes and Auripes. Oddly there were not too many chanterelles out. Horton's bolete makes an appearance in the same area every year. I usually just see one so I don't pick it. Second picture is a Variipes I think. Was nice while it lasted. It will be dry and 100 degrees this week.20230819_151007.thumb.jpg.020fb8f1af98d30c26ca2b9eed4f8fa1.jpg20230816_110302.thumb.jpg.8c91bcb5c61146944623c52b4223fed8.jpg

20230816_110653_HDR.jpg

Nice bolete finds. Love your mushroom knife. Its great to have a burst of mushroom life after all this drought. Looking forward to the fall season. In southeastern Kansas I have only found one chanterelle in my entire life. Hope you continue to have luck, I love seeing the photos.