Well, whatever these are, they aren't very fresh. First and second photos don't look like the same type.

Identifying wild mushrooms to species is often difficult at best, even when the mushrooms are in hand. IDing from photos requires at least seeing different aspects of the mushrooms.

I found a whole bunch of the first type and only one of the second. The first ones I pulled straight from a log. They seem like they’re withering but they’re still alive and have a very earthy smell to them like most edible mushrooms 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I found a whole bunch of the first type and only one of the second. The first ones I pulled straight from a log. They seem like they’re withering but they’re still alive and have a very earthy smell to them like most edible mushrooms. Just curious as to what they were and if I should trash them or put them to use.

Probably too past to identify, and if you can't identify, definitely a bad idea to eat. Poisonous mushrooms don't necessarily smell bad also. Don't worry, the season is just starting there will be lots more!

"When in doubt, throw it out" is an oft-repeated saying among mushroom hunters. Also, even an edible species may cause illness if the mushrooms are old and decaying. 

All that I can say about the shriveled mushrooms called "first type" is that they have gills. Beyond that, they are too far beyond maturity to get a decent read on any of the traits one hopes to discuss when trying to ID. The second one may be a bolete (mushroom with pores instead of gills). But the photo isn't sharp, and I can't quite see the underside of the cap.