Unknown mushroom from Finland

Henri

Nice photos of interesting mushrooms. 

First thing that came to my mind was genus Lentinellus. But closeup of gills shows fairly even edges (not serrated/jagged), which I believe eliminates this from consideration.

Genus Cantharellus was my next thought. C. pallens is a European species that is colored somewhat like these. But the gills seen in these photos are not strongly forked. (Lots of short gills that taper near the longer ones but not truly connected together.) Interveining is present but not prominent. 

Genus Cuphophyllus comes to mind. C. canescens and C. colemannianus are each somewhat similar to this, but I think neither species is the correct ID here.

Unless something else occurs to me, either of the latter two genera mentioned is the best guess I have. 

Thanks Dave for your effort.  This one is a bit of a mystery mushroom.  There has been some timid suggestions of some sort of lobed form of Pleurotus ostreatus and also Hohenbuehelia petaloides. But no one here has actually seen anything like it before and I was thinking maybe some North American mushroom...  

Thanks,

Henri  

I briefly considered Pleurotus. But the gills look wrong for this genus. 

Hohenbuehelia petaloides is an interesting suggestion. This would be an atypical example of the species. If you have access to a microscope, then the H. petaloides proposal may be tested. At 400x magnification, one should have little trouble locating the large pleurocystida found on a gill of this species. A smash mount of a tiny piece of gill mounted in a stain like Congo red should suffice. 

Maybe add genus Hygrophoropsis to the list of guesses.

Whatever this is, I think it's either an atypical version of a well-known species or else something quite uncommon.