Inadvertently ate some of these...

Cargil

So my grandmother has a ton of these growing around a massive oak tree on some of the exposed roots that just break the surface. 

I ran clear over this set of mushrooms while mowing her yard and through one way or another it exploded all over one side of my body and face and a bit got in my mouth. I immediately spit it out and this has been a solid 24 hours with no ill effects . Just curious what they are. A cursory glance of the googles makes me think they are jack o lanterns but the coloring doesn’t seem right.

thanks!E6068005-A127-470A-BE2C-C91C2949A0F9.thumb.jpeg.8d8fb403e00370072f1db23bed182f03.jpeg

They do look like they could be jack o' lanterns, any photos of the gills? Photo is a bit far away, could be something else, honey mushrooms? Spore print  color could be helpful too. There are definitely people on here who can give you more expert advice, but since I'm sure you are waiting for a response about getting it in your mouth, from what I understand as long as you didn't swallow any you should be ok. If you think you might have swallowed some, you might want to consider seeing a doctor and bringing a sample just in case. Some mushroom toxins don't show symptoms for a while. Again, I'm certainly not an expert, just a hobbyist.

They're certaintly not "jack o'lanterns". Appear to be associated with buried wood/root structure, perhaps honeys? The pic doesn't zoom in closer for a more positive i.d.

As Brendan, posted, anything you spat out won't effect you. As far as, I'm aware, even the most toxic fungi may be tasted and then spat out with no ill effects.