Tubaria furfuracae?

Spore print color will be useful here. Were these photos taken indoors?

Tubaria furfuracea is a species that I believe I have found during each of the twelve months. But, it is most common in cool/cold weather... March/April. 

14 hours ago, Dave W said:

Spore print color will be useful here. Were these photos taken indoors?

Tubaria furfuracea is a species that I believe I have found during each of the twelve months. But, it is most common in cool/cold weather... March/April. 

The last photo was taken in situ. Sadly, the pileus dried overnight before dropping enough spores to get a visible print. I may try again in the future. I placed the moss covered decaying cedar with the specimens (first and third photos) in a bottle with a tablespoon of water in hopes to keep it alive. Not sure this will be successful but worth a try.

My guess is these are Xeromphalina cauticinalis  http://www.mushroomexpert.com/xeromphalina_cauticinalis.html .

Here's why I don't think these are T. furfuracea. I don't see any evidence of the caps being hygrophanous. That is, the caps appear to not have changed color from brown to very pale. As T. furfuracea dries out, the color goes from brown to almost white. Also, T. furfuracea typically has fibrous white deposits along the cap margin. I don't see this on any of the mushrooms here.   

1 hour ago, Dave W said:

My guess is these are Xeromphalina cauticinalis  http://www.mushroomexpert.com/xeromphalina_cauticinalis.html .

Here's why I don't think these are T. furfuracea. I don't see any evidence of the caps being hygrophanous. That is, the caps appear to not have changed color from brown to very pale. As T. furfuracea dries out, the color goes from brown to almost white. Also, T. furfuracea typically has fibrous white deposits along the cap margin. I don't see this on any of the mushrooms here.   

Definitely not hygrophanous. The brown pileus was just as brown when dried. I looked up Xeromphalina c, and noted it is seems more common in the NW U.S. and less so on the East Coast. What really made my jaw drop was the medicinal research that has been done on it. Amazing!!!! Thank you again Dave W. :D

https://healing-mushrooms.net/archives/xeromphalina-cauticinalis.html

Edited by ChickenOfTheWoodz
Added hyperlink

X. campanella has a more orange cap color. But, I think Xeromphalina is on the right track. It would not surprise me if X. cauticinalis has a wider distribution than reported. Wood-decaying saprobic species spread more readily than other types.