Mushroom spores on fresh wood

BigIrish1

Question to the experts:

I am having about an acre of trees cleared on my property and having the wood dumped in a natural depression on my 11ac. Most of the trees are Sweetgum which I have has success growing shiitake on.  Needless to say, there is A LOT of wood. 

My plan…which may be futile…is to obtain spores from a trusted site, mix up 20-30 gallons of “spore juice” and use a clean sprayer to hit as many sites as I can in the hopes that this mushroom will be the predominant fungi. 

Questions.

1.  Has anyone ever sprayed fresh wood with mushroom spores in the hopes that it would take?

2.  If so, any recommendations on the method. 

I figure, worst case scenario I’m out about $100 for an experiment. 

any thoughts?

I have tried inoculating Aspen stumps and logs with slurries of wild Oyster...mostly old, dried out, or too buggy to eat. So far, no success.  But it can take several years for a good spawn run before mushrooms show up. 

My successes with drill and fill with commercial plug spawn have taken 3 years before the first flush of mushrooms.