Armillaria mellea? yellow mushroom cluster under white pine

nonada

Agree on honey mushrooms. Double check to make sure with a white spore print. Easy to get spore print from honey mushrooms, place mature cap on piece of paper or aluminum foil gill side down.

• nonada changed the title to Armillaria mellea? yellow mushroom cluster under white pine
8 minutes ago, GJC said:

Agree on honey mushrooms. Double check to make sure with a white spore print. Easy to get spore print from honey mushrooms, place mature cap on piece of paper or aluminum foil gill side down.

Will do, very wet right now.

If you are new to honey mushrooms, there are a couple things you should know. Some people are sensitive to honeys, par boiling them first is recommended. I always boil them and discard the water…..I have seen some mention that alcohol should not be consumed with honey mushrooms, not sure about that but I err on the side of caution….

Yes, certainly new to them. I have read that about boiling before. I appreciate the advice, esp. regarding alcohol.

I know this much: I should never assume I will not have a reaction to a mushroom (or anything i consume) simply because others eat it with no ill effect.