How is everyone?

Evan

It seems like forever since I've been on. My last few years of mushroom hunting havent been great due to weather, but fingers crossed for this season. As of a few days ago there were no morels in my early black spot in southern PA. But I've seen that a few have been found locally. The weather forecast looks like we may have a slow, drawn out season which is better than the early heat followed by cold that we've had for several years. I hope all ofnyou have a great season. Good luck everyone!

15 hours ago, Evan said:

It seems like forever since I've been on. My last few years of mushroom hunting havent been great due to weather, but fingers crossed for this season. As of a few days ago there were no morels in my early black spot in southern PA. But I've seen that a few have been found locally. The weather forecast looks like we may have a slow, drawn out season which is better than the early heat followed by cold that we've had for several years. I hope all ofnyou have a great season. Good luck everyone!

Thanks Evan! Right back at ya bro! I spent hours in an old apple orchard in the hills of Tennessee yesterday trying to spot some morels but no luck yet. Did see a lot of dryad saddle and deer mushrooms but that was about it. Happy foraging and harvesting!!

I'll try my early spot for Black Morels hopefully on Wednesday. Recent spell of warm days and mild nights together with today's soaking rain should get something started. Local spots where I used to get a lot of Black Morels have lost almost all their white ash trees (Emerald Ash Borer). Seems like the ash were a primary partner for the Morchella angusticeps. Haven't found many blacks these past 9-10 years. I still generally see a few blacks, just not that many. 

On 4/12/2021 at 7:15 AM, Dave from tn. said:

Well yesterday was a good day for us in Tennessee! Found these near an old homestead site from the 1800s. Good luck to all!

04742CE0-EE6F-4C27-A161-38CF3142C425.jpeg

They look perfect! We found a few small blacks at our spot today. 

Found 6 blacks on monday under live elms with a few dead elms mixed in.   Last year there were 5 under the same trees. The ash were  mostly gone before I started.

20210412_112611 (1).jpg

I lost that knife last morel season and when I spotted the first morel of this year, the knife was one foot away.

Edited by bobby b
correction

21 hours ago, CamilleR said:

It seems that a lot of people are not on here anymore. Last Saturday I found 8 black ones. Today 5 black and 3 yellow. Much better than last year when I found none. 

Spring is just starting

This site will get busy as we get into late spring, summer and fall.