Mushrooms I found

Stoing

Best to create one post per type of mushroom... to avoid confusion while discussing.

The mushrooms of Malaysia likely represent different species than the ones I see here in eastern North America, especially types that are mycorrhizal, meaning the fungus associates with some tree. The trees found in Malaysia are likely all different then the trees in my area. 

First three photos (from the top). These are growing directly on wood, so they are not a mycorrhizal species. These are a saprobic species, meaning the fungus that produces the mushrooms feed upon the dead/decaying wood. I see three possibilities for the type of mushrooms see in these top 3 photos. Poronidulus conchifer (aka. Trametes conchifer) https://www.mushroomexpert.com/poronidulus_conchifer.html . Or maybe a species of genus Stereum, something similar to this   http://www.mushroomexpert.com/stereum_ostrea.html  . But, a google search of "Mushrooms of Malaysia" turned up this  https://www.inaturalist.org/taxa/370262-Microporus-xanthopus   So, Xanthoporus microsporus looks like a good possibility. (I don't see this species here in my area.) Since the genus name includes "por" it may be that this type mushroom has pores on the underside... maybe very small openings that require some magnification in order to see. P. conchifer also has pores on the underside. Stereum has no pores; the underside is completely smooth. 

I *think* photos 4, 5, 7, 8 show the same species. My guess is these represent a species of Amanita. Genus Amanita includes many different species, most of which are mycorrhizal and a few of which are saprobic. There are hundreds of species of Amanita worldwide, and distribution tends to be regional. That is, the Amanita mushrooms that I find here in Pennsylvania USA are very likely all different species than ones found in Malaysia. The genus Amanita is split into seven "sections" with each section containing species that share similar morphological traits (readily observable), microscopic traits, and molecular traits (DNA/evolution). My guess is these represent a species of Amanita housed in section Lepidella. A few of these types are saprobic, and may be found growing in an area where there are no trees. But, if there are trees nearby then it may be useful to know which type(s) of tree(s). I also considered genus Echinoderma, but I can find no info on Echinoderma mushrooms being found in Malaysia. So, my best guess, Amanita section Lepidella... or maybe section Validae. Lots of Amanita species documented here  http://www.amanitaceae.org/ .

Photos 6, 9... Need more info. Your one photo of the other mushroom (presumed Amanita) that shows the entire fruit body --after it was excavated-- is what we generally need to see when discussing mushroom identity. For photos 6, 9 I can't tell what the base of the stalk looks like. Are the gills completely free of the stalk (not reaching)? Or are there very thin attachments from gills to stalk? Can't quite tell from the photo. Some guesses for the genus... Melanoleuca, Lepiota, Leucoagaricus, Amanita. 

Cool looking Amanita. Wikipedia list 8 sections of Amanitas with Section Lepidella replaced by Roanokenses & a new third subgenus Lepidella (=Saproamanita) which I think contains the saprobic Amanitas. Inaturalist seems to waffle using both the old and the new classifications. Bunyard and Justice have a new Amanita book for North America that uses the older classifications.

There's some disagreement about the proposed splitting of genus Amanita into Amanita and Saproamanita. The proposed genus Saproamanita includes the saprobic species traditionally placed in genus Amanita subgenus Lepidella section Lepidella. An establishment of this new genus would necessitate a substantial reorganization of genus Amanita. 

The shaggy-capped mushrooms seen in the photos does exhibit characteristics associated with the saprobic Amanitas traditionally placed into section Lepidella.