Found in cow poo

Mushman007

Habitat suggests these represent a species of Panaeolus. The general appearance also suggests Coprinellus or Coprinopsis. Possibly a species that does not occur in North America. I think microscopy may be necessary to get a confident ID proposal. 

There appears to be a fair amount of staining on these mushrooms. Would you call the color "black" or "blue"? In the photo the staining looks kinda black. 

Edibility of some species of Panaeolus is not well-understood. Some are known to be psychoactive. Why do you wish to eat these mushrooms? If your reason is to have a psychoactive experience then we do not have such discussions here on WMH. 

I was just wanting to eat them for nutrition reasons. If they are psychoactive I would not want to ingest.

id say the staining is blue to black

Ive heard from people that there are no known poisonous species of panaeolus? 

How confident are you that these are panaelous? Is it possible that they are conocybe?

9 hours ago, Mushman007 said:

I was just wanting to eat them for nutrition reasons. If they are psychoactive I would not want to ingest.

id say the staining is blue to black

Ive heard from people that there are no known poisonous species of panaeolus? 

How confident are you that these are panaelous? Is it possible that they are conocybe?

It depends on your definition of poisonous.  Several contain unidentified compounds that have proven to be psychoactive, as well as known hallucinogenic compounds.

Regardless of what anyone tells you, YOU are the one that must be confident in the identification of a mushroom that you are going to consume.  100% identification is the only way to ensure you are eating something safe.