Greensboro,GA id

DaveChap

Peachy-orange cap color and yellowish universal veil patches both suggest A. persicina. Until only several years ago Amanita persicina was considered to be a variety of A. muscaria. To gain more confidence in distinguishing persicina from msucaria var. guessowii, examining the base of the stalk sometimes helps. The uv materila that ends up on the stalk base of A. persicina tends to be more disorganized than the complete concentric rings that usually (but not always) form on the base of the muscaria var guessowii stalk. 

Tulloss says that the range of A. muscaria var guessowii includes the mountainous areas of North Carolina and Tennessee. He suspects the range may extend further south, but offers no evidence to support this hypothesis. Here's a Mushroom Observer post from northern GA of what has been proposed as A. muscaria var. guessowii (and which appears to be the correct ID)  https://mushroomobserver.org/414058?q=1Ydnp .

Complete confidence in an A. persicina ID here...? No. But, I think that A. persicina would be a more likely species to find in GA, and the mushroom seen here looks like A. persicina. 

Thanks for the replies. I’m a restaurant chef running kitchens. Relocated to Georgia temporarily from Chicago.
   Not really looking to find edible mushrooms, but it seems like it’s mushroom season here. They look so fascinating! 
  Here are more I found of the same kind I think?

FF97476B-B3FE-4387-B9EB-7B671AC6E442.jpeg

006F0FCF-F996-48F7-8A19-63C5AD0D62F4.jpeg

I'd be willing to bet these are examples of Amanita persicina. The peachy-orangish color of the caps and the location for their occurrence point this way. Nice job getting a photo of an entire almost mature fruit body (positioned between two caps). The universal veil  on the top part of the basal bulb are thin and look kinda flimsy. I think that if this mushroom was allowed to completely expand, the basal uv material would show little in the way of organized concentric bands. Interestingly, the one seen in-situ appears to feature a basal rim of the type one expects to see in species like A. velatipes or A. multisquamosa. But the rim appears to be thin and composed of fragile material that will likely break apart as the mushroom expands. As for the deposits seen near the midsection of the stalk, Tulloss mentions this as something often seen in A. persicina.   http://www.amanitaceae.org/?Amanita+persicina

Speaking of expanded Amanita mushrooms. An interesting feature of genus Amanita is that a fruit body harvested while still immature will continue to grow/expand even it it's just laid onto a table. But please note, leaving a specimen of A. persicina out on a tabletop may be viewed as risky, as this type mushroom is likely poisonous.