Laetiporous

Bayoufrogg

This one isn't as atypical as the one I posted with a a pale top and cream pore surface.  

This specimen was found several feet up an oak tree.  The pore surface was pale orange when i first saw it on the tree.  After harvest, it darkened to somewhat of a light pumpkin orange.  Ive looked at a lot of pictures of laetiporous sulphureus and they all appear to have a distinctly yellow, not orange, pore surface.  

20201128_082919.jpg

20201128_082910.jpg

20201128_081525.jpg

20201128_081255.jpg

20201128_081237.jpg

20201128_113634.jpg

Interesting. Not sure if this is just a color variant of L. sulphureus, or some other poorly understood species. I have seen one type of Laetiporus that has pale pore surface, pinkish upper surface, and grows directly on standing oak; probably an undocumented species.  But this is different.