Purple stinkhorn? Need ID

Tiago N.

Hey, i already posted this topic on another forum page yet i dont know if it was the right one! 

My question is, is this a purple stinkhorn? And if is, it is edible right? 

Anyone has any knowledge about this mushroom? 

Thank you so much for your time! 

IMG_20201030_142239.jpg

img_1603793488312.jpg

IMG_20201030_142228.jpg

IMG_20201030_142220.jpg

img_1603724820290.jpg

img_1604068958500.jpg

Thank you so much, yes indeed ! 
Much like your gastronomic adventure, i tried to slice them into halfs and ate some, but i could not get over the slimy texture and the inner swamp colored "meat". 
The taste was alright, raw tasted better because they preserved the somewhat sweet/nutty and dirt scent. The stir fried one smelled almost bread-ish and lost all of its original sweet aroma. Probably the worst mushroom i ate so far but, it was the first wild mushroom i tried so overall interesting experience! Maybe i just dont know how to cook them properly! 

The Stinkhorn Eggs I have examined feature an interior with a layer of translucent stuff that exhibits texture varying from stiffly gelatinous to almost watery. When this layer is fairly liquid, the material seems quite unappealing to me. The ones I tried many years ago had a gelatinous layer that was fairly resilient. The slices fried up with nice form but not tough texture. From what I remember, the flavor was unique and good. 

Must have something to do with the maturity maybe! 

Im tempted to try more but this time maybe as a stir fry with plenty other tasty things! 

Absolutely.. How hungry can n a person be. 

However i have heard the mature body of the stinkhorn fungus is inedible but i wonder if it is toxic or just because of its phallic visual and putrid scent...