While collecting Oysters stumbled on these under Pine Trees.

Rondayvous

My field guide lists that mushroom as having gray-brown cap and stem ... grayish brown or with olive tones. This was more like honey caramel. Perhaps Clitocybe subditopoda?

25 minutes ago, Dave W said:

Looks like Ampulloclitocybe clavipes (formerly placed in genus Clitocybe). 

Champignons du Quebec shows photos of Clitocybe subditopoda that suggest a more slender mushroom with a smaller cap diameter and  dark disc. I'm not familiar with this species (at least I've never ID anything as such). Here's the Google Translate version of the C du Q  description of the cap. 

(0.7) 2-4 (5.5) cm dia, convex then spreading and often slightly to deeply
 depressed, viscid and slightly shiny in moisture, glabrous, smooth, 
canescent silvery towards margin at first, dull and opaque to dryness, 
hygrophane, aqueous gray-brown slightly tinted winey at first, turning 
brown or yellowing with age, becoming pale ashy, pale olive buff to 
greyish beige, sometimes with dark disc, margin coiled at first, then 
curved right, rarely raised and wavy, slightly translucent-streaked with 
age and moisture.

Here's a link to the C du Q portrayal of C. subditopodota. https://www.mycoquebec.org/bas.php?trie=C&l=l&nom=Clitocybe subditopoda / Clitocybe gris-brun&tag=Clitocybe subditopoda&gro=130

The cap color of the mushroom under consideration is a bit off for A. clavipes. But, I still think this is the ID. Here's the C du Q presentation of A. clavipes. All in French and --as is seen in the translated text above-- some of the meaning gets a bit garbled in translation. But there's  lot of photos to view here. One in particular appears to show a yellowish cap.  https://www.mycoquebec.org/bas.php?trie=A&l=l&nom=Ampulloclitocybe clavipes / Clitocybe à pied renflé&tag=Ampulloclitocybe clavipes&gro=23

1 hour ago, Rondayvous said:

My field guide lists that mushroom as having gray-brown cap and stem ... grayish brown or with olive tones. This was more like honey caramel. Perhaps Clitocybe subditopoda?

Okay, here's what appears to be a better proposal than A. clavipes, Clitocybe subclavipes. Very similar to A. clavipes, but with one difference being cap color. From Google translate. 

pinkish brown, gray-brown, yellow-brown to pinkish tan...

https://www.mycoquebec.org/bas.php?trie=C&l=l&nom=Clitocybe subclavipes / Clitocybe faux-clavipes&tag=Clitocybe subclavipes&gro=130

Even if these are edible, they are likely to come up short of "incredible". Yes, the reports of bad interaction with alcohol are enough to keep me away from sampling any of these "Club Foot Clitocybe" mushrooms. But, I think C. subclavipes is likely the correct ID here. I had temporarily forgotten about this species. I don't recall ever having collected/IDed it. I'll keep a lookout for it in the local pine woods. Were these with white pine? Or some type of 2-3 needle pine? I may have passed this by many times thinking it to just be A. clavipes. I wonder is C. subclavipes actually belongs in genus Ampulloclitocybe?