Gray Trich (tricholoma portentousness)?

Therese

Hi all from southern Ontario,

Wondering if anyone can help me determine if the mushrooms I’ve found under some scots pine trees are the edible gray triches.  The spores are white and the gills are light gray.  

many thanks!

FDB64597-A784-4CB7-9259-0AE1C1390BDB.jpeg

D3FFC025-43A2-4993-882C-2068BCB26D32.jpeg

615C3E18-0614-4D16-B79C-157FBAB01149.jpeg

Could be Tricholoma portenetosum. But there are a few things that cause me to wonder... light gray caps appear to lack dark gray streaks, pale gray gills lack yellow areas. T. portentosum caps usually have a more shiny appearance.

Other edible species of gray Trichs? Some people eat T. terreum (which probably represents more than one species). There are other gray Trichs, most f which I believe taste bitter. Some of these have a reputation for causing illness. A "nibble/taste/spit" test is probably a good next step.

All species of Tricholoma have white spore prints. 

Thank you Dave.  Some of the caps were darker streaked with black - their texture is velvety.  Did the nibble test as you suggested and they were mild tasting so fried some up and made a pasta dish.  Ate a little then  12 hours later when I still felt good ate the rest - delicious! 
Appreciate your help - thank you again
Now back out to the woods to see if I can fiend some more edibles!!

5951F2B4-FC9A-4336-9079-995D9372A1FD.jpeg

C7BFCFB5-85F6-4020-8C6E-7B85CD2EAFCC.jpeg

4216C2B2-335C-415A-B321-0EC0323F1AD7.jpeg

Nice looking pasta dish! Are those capers you've added in there? 

I think these are one of the taxa lumped into the T. terreum concept. Velvety/felty/tomentose cap surface points this way. T. portentosum has a smooth/shiny cap surface. The "fibrils" on the cap are innate; not actually detectable to the touch.