More mushrooms from a log

halcyon1234

Indoor lighting appears to be giving these a more yellow appearance than should be the case. I think these are Panellus stipticus. Inedible due to terrible taste. But, young fruit bodies of P. stipticus are reportedly bioluminescent; ie. glow in the dark. I haven't seen this with this species. 

On 10/26/2020 at 11:13 AM, Dave W said:

Indoor lighting appears to be giving these a more yellow appearance than should be the case. I think these are Panellus stipticus. Inedible due to terrible taste. But, young fruit bodies of P. stipticus are reportedly bioluminescent; ie. glow in the dark. I haven't seen this with this species. 

Thanks, Dave W.  Oh, well—there goes my cream of "Panellus stipticus" soup.  🤩

Yes, these mushrooms were brown with no yellow tint.  I actually chewed on one of the uncooked mushrooms, and it did taste pretty bitter, but didn't upset my stomach or anything.  Then I just threw the rest away.  As for the bioluminescence, I didn't see any of that either, but I don't know how young these were.