NOT Honey, Galerina?

Rondayvous

I suppose, but without any visible spores... I tend to assume the worse unless I can verify otherwise. This time of year I like to look for Hen and Honeys. I've been seeing a lot of things that at first glance look like honeys then turn out to be something else. I've posted some of them here to differentiate.

Delaware State Forest? I know a few spots there. A few years ago I found this really interesting bolete  https://mushroomobserver.org/243925?q=1VKxf

I agree about avoiding consuming any mushroom without knowing with certainty that it represents and edible type. Had I thought you were considering eating those mushrooms clustered on the tree I would have also suggested that you first obtain a spore print. Knowing these were left four miles out in the middle of the woods is a safe enough place for me to feel comfortable with more than the usual amount of confidence :-)

2 hours ago, Dave W said:

My mother-in-law found a few of those earlier in the year, fried them up and ate them (against my suggestion not to), she said they were delicious. I tend to stay away from any boletes that have red ( or in this case orange) pores.

2 hours ago, MicroDoc said:

I think I also found Flammulina velutipes.  I took just this one picture last weekend from a hike in the Great Swamp.  Are these the same as Rondayvous's?

IMG_20201018_132439.jpg

Needs more details but I doubt you have the same mushroom here