Apparently I can't eat Laetiporus...

I found chicken some weeks back for the very first time at the base of an oak in an area with only hardwoods. The chicken was reasonably fresh when harvested and drier sections were discarded. I froze a bunch of it because it was a large haul. I tried cooking it in various ways - fried with onions and peppers, par boiled and bbq, and then the "chicken fingers" approach.  It was delicious every time and every time I ended up with colon pain.  Not an upset stomach but just an ache that started 6 to 8 hours after eating and continuing for about 24 hours. The pain extending down the left side of my abdomen.  My wife reported no such symptoms but she always ate a lesser amount.  I just dumped all that you see in the photo into my compost pile.  

Has anyone else had a similar experience?  Is it possible/probable that my problem with eating Laetiporus is specific to this batch?

IMG_20201007_122725.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been ok with them, however my wife will does not do well. Not sure if it was due to the pregnancy with our son, but she will not ever eat them again. Had the same issues as you MicroDoc.