Backyard mushroom encounter

Pyza

When placed inside a refrigerator, a mushroom is apt to not produce a spore print. But, maybe you will get lucky and this one will work. As has been suggested, you want to obtain a spore print to eliminate the possibility of genus Amanita. But, this looks like Agaricus augustus to me. Not sure if there are look-alike Agaricus species found in the Netherlands. 

David you are right, no spore print but my Dutch wife who has a nose for all thing licorice pointed out the scent of anise. 

Looks like it has turned that reddish brown mentioned overnight. Read that it absorbs metals in the air, but since it was In my backyard probably its good, also read people pick it regularly and consume it.  

Doesn’t look like the NL has look Look alike, I’ll consume a small about and see what the outcome is before making a bigger breakfast with it.

thanks again everyone,

7A2D6196-8092-4AE0-B739-1CEB5EF6F326.jpeg

Forgive me if I’m mistaken, but did you do the spore print with the mushroom upside down like that in the fridge? It’s supposed to be the opposite, with the gills facing the surface you want to obtain a print on. That may be why the print was difficult to get.