Callum

Location listed as "Nsw". Where is Nsw? I'm guessing it's New South Wales... but it's a big world out there with lots of names of places.

Mushrooms grouped into the broad classification LBM (Little Brown Mushroom) can be very difficult to pin down to species... even ID to genus can be elusive. Assuming this was found in an area where the weather has turned cooler, I think it may represent a species of Tubaria.  If the stem is fragile, then maybe a species of Psathyrella?  Low confidence, though.

IMG_20200703_155617.thumb.jpg.a56a225f588d50cc5edc6d2659d37b93.jpgi took a spore print. Sorry for the poor picture. It's a very dark color. Looks black or possibly really dark grey brown or purple (it's really hard to tell).

On 7/1/2020 at 9:51 PM, Dave W said:

Location listed as "Nsw". Where is Nsw? I'm guessing it's New South Wales... but it's a big world out there with lots of names of places.

Mushrooms grouped into the broad classification LBM (Little Brown Mushroom) can be very difficult to pin down to species... even ID to genus can be elusive. Assuming this was found in an area where the weather has turned cooler, I think it may represent a species of Tubaria.  If the stem is fragile, then maybe a species of Psathyrella?  Low confidence, though.

Hey sorry I'm new to this. It wasn't very brittle. It was firm moist stem. Thank you for your help.

LBMs (Little Brown Mushrooms) is a general category made up of species representing multiple genera, and include some very difficult-to-ID types. But, maybe we can narrow this down?

Is the area well-fertilized? These look like something from genus Deconica. Species from this genus mostly grow on animal excrement. But a few types are found on woody debris, perhaps helped along by the presence of droppings from some wild animal. Spore print looks to be too dark for genus Tubaria. 

On 7/5/2020 at 12:42 AM, Dave W said:

LBMs (Little Brown Mushrooms) is a general category made up of species representing multiple genera, and include some very difficult-to-ID types. But, maybe we can narrow this down?

Is the area well-fertilized? These look like something from genus Deconica. Species from this genus mostly grow on animal excrement. But a few types are found on woody debris, perhaps helped along by the presence of droppings from some wild animal. Spore print looks to be too dark for genus Tubaria. 

It's just grown in standard potting mix with nothing added