Some mushrooms i found in November and Christmas

Kimon

Well these first three pictures (two of which are the same mushroom) are mushrooms collected in christmas at an altitude of 1400m, in a pine forest. As you see, they were growing in dead wood. My guess is the first one should be Stropharia aeruginosa. The yellow ones maybe some kind of Hypholoma? I found both mushrooms at the same area i found the armillaria suspect from my previous post. The place was full of mushrooms but my batteries ran out (took a lot of pictures of my girlfriend and another friend making a snowman :) )

The next pictures are from a mushroom found in November at a pine forest, close to bushes though. Altitude 400m. There was no other mushroom there. Short stalk, cap size of about 20 cm, no fluid running when cut, the flesh was rather dry, even where i cut the flesh. No ring, white to creamy color (as u see). My guess is leucopaxillus giganteus.

Well last but not least -the snowman himself! (Here in Athens when we see snow its actually a rare and nice thing... hope the weather in the States gets better soon)

PS i have found some other mushrooms as well but i cant seem to match them in any guide and since the continent gap seems important in identifying mushrooms i wont bother u with more photos (badly shot as well...)

post-665-0-75623100-1389177138_thumb.jpg

post-665-0-77374300-1389177194_thumb.jpg

post-665-0-79580700-1389177411_thumb.jpg

post-665-0-70386500-1389177469_thumb.jpg

post-665-0-08633400-1389177524_thumb.jpg

post-665-0-86948800-1389177580_thumb.jpg

post-665-0-24093500-1389178370_thumb.jpg

Leucopaxillus is a reasonable ID for the large white funnel. Clitocybe and Infundibulicybe are other genera that I would consider as possibilities. Some whitish Clitocybes are Poisonous.

The yellowish ones on wood are likely either Flammulina or Galerina. The gills don't look right for Hypholoma. Spore print color would give some good info here: Flammulina white, Galerina rusty brown, Hypholoma dark purplish brown. Galerina marginata (or G. autumnalis) is deadly poisonous. My guess for the ones seen here is Flammulina... but with low confidence. Need more info.

Those turquoise mushrooms are really cool! Stropharia aeruginosa seems like a good proposal to me. Although I have never collected this type, so I have no first-hand experience with S. aeruginosa. Interesting that the ones seen here are growing on wood. S. aeruginosa is reported as a terrestrial mushroom, although Stropharias are all saprobes (living off dead vegetable matter). S. ambigua, a tan-to-yellow Stropharia, grows on wood. Here again, spore print color would help. Leratiomyces is a related genera of wood-inhabitors, but I know of know bluish types. S. aeruginosa looks like a pretty good bet to me.

The rare snowman of Athens needs some arms! I take it that snow is not typical in Greece?

Well in other parts of greece it does snow. Especially in the northern parts it can get pretty cold- up to -4 F... There are lots of high mountains as well -by high i mean over 2 Km altitude. In Athens though its a different story. It snows like once every two or three years here, and the weather rarely goes under 32F.

Sounds like the type of variability in terrain/climate one finds in the Pacific Northwest region of North America.

A high mountain here in Northeast PA is about 0.75 Km. Gets cold here, though. Not quite as cold as North Dakota! -20 Celsius (-4 F) here yesterday morning.