Hello from Bagdad, FL

woodwes

Thanks for letting me in the group. I enjoyed hunting for chanterelles when I was a professor at Auburn. We moved to the Panhandle of FL a few years ago and I haven’t tried to find the chanterelles here yet. Hope to get out on my deer hunting club property this summer and find some. Thanks again. 
Best, Wes 

Welcome aboard!! Just a few states over myself. Plenty of chantys to be found in oak forest here in Louisiana. Red chantys can be found in pine forest here as well. Happy hunting!! 
Side note .... I’m a deer hunter by trade lol. I’ve got the bow fever pretty bad. First archery kill, first buck ever. Public land

6245F658-4794-429F-AA06-94A3B492CBC1.jpeg

EB2A338C-CB9D-45B8-A49E-D7B3C99912EF.jpeg

50317C70-F03C-4DFC-8297-D0B0B903381B.jpeg

4F126B4A-F1FC-42B5-8140-9D69918303F2.jpeg

1 hour ago, CajunShroomer3578 said:

Welcome aboard!! Just a few states over myself. Plenty of chantys to be found in oak forest here in Louisiana. Red chantys can be found in pine forest here as well. Happy hunting!! 
Side note .... I’m a deer hunter by trade lol. I’ve got the bow fever pretty bad. First archery kill, first buck ever. Public land

Thanks! I'm a passionate deer hunter too and hunt in northern Baldwin County, AL. Here's a pic of last year's buck after I boiled the skull in a sal soda solution:

IMG_0462.jpeg

On 5/22/2020 at 4:22 PM, CajunShroomer3578 said:

Nice !!! Did my first skull mount with him as well. Boiled in water a few times and pressure washing it. 
Is that natural color on horns  ? 

Yes, the antlers on bucks at our hunting club typically have these colors.