Two Agaricus?! no stainting, one looks like a portabello

Gibbly Ofgloin

Both have light chocolate brown spores, nice mushroomy smell.

Any ideas.

I think if they smell nice don't have yellow staining and have pink gills there good to go. Right? ;)

BTW these were found in toronto, ontario, canada.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Last photo has both mushies on papper. See the same colour of spore print? Same ginious different veriety?

post-554-0-48051300-1382374290_thumb.jpg

post-554-0-43620800-1382374318_thumb.jpg

post-554-0-04765300-1382374325_thumb.jpg

post-554-0-90118000-1382374331_thumb.jpg

post-554-0-88268400-1382374338_thumb.jpg

post-554-0-39095800-1382374346_thumb.jpg

post-554-0-71789500-1382374351_thumb.jpg

It may just be different stages of development or different sub species, good looking out on the yellow staining part, I had a basket full yesterday found on my way to check an oak for hens and I was so happy. As I found some stunted baby hens, I took a photo with my collection basket for size and I noticed the yellow, not just at base of stem but from the whole mushroom, cap, stipe, etc. I immediately threw them back into the woods they were bordering.

They are the best taisting mushies I've picked to date. The darker one's are just like portabello but the flavour is way more intence. The lighter one's were like a button but firmer and way more flavor.

I wouldn't suggest anyone eat what they don't know, like i did but; I did research the one's that could kill me and these wern't those so belly ache, or taisty treat was the (all be it small) gamble.

I ate some of both at 11am yesterday (to test them out) and after 8 hours had some with my guest (who also knew the risk).

If I saw more 'o these I'd be pick'n 'em with glee.

Made a mushroom and Squid ink pasta, with shrimp, pecorino romano, and tomato. Also made crusteenies with the whie button types.

Thanks for all your kind efforts.

Seriously, Gibbly, we do NOT condone or recommend eating a mushroom that hasn't been 100% positively identified. What you do in your own home we can't control, but for any newbies reading this post and thinking it's ok to take a mushroom that you're not sure of and eat it because it smelled good and didn't stain yellow is just plain irresponsible. This is the biggest pet peave I have with this board and the facebook group page. If you don't know what it is, then ask an expert or take it to a mushroom club and ask. Do that first and then take your chances there will be more later and then pick them if it's ok. I don't ever want to see another post like this saying you ate a mushroom that you didn't know for sure what it was. I'm going to start getting very strict about this since this is getting to be more and more of an issue with new people posting irresponsible posts and doing irresponsible things. Please don't do it again. There are Agaricus that can make you sick. You got lucky but I do not wish this to become a habit with you or to teach bad habits to newcomers. I'm happy you have found our board but please post responsibly.