Help ID

I now have some better pics of some mushrooms I found here in NS Canada 2 weeks. Just looking for a positive ID before I do anything with them. They've been drying for 2 weeks now. Found growing on dead softwoods near a frozen lake. What should I do with them, grind them up to put in gel caps maybe. Thanks✌️

IMG_2169.jpg

IMG_2170.jpg

IMG_2171.jpg

IMG_2175.jpg

Anyone who uses mushroom for unsupported scientific data are taking a big risk.As with all approved medicines they've been tested in humans and exact dosage determined. Too mush os a real medicine can have bad side effects even death in some cases. I.E- too much potassium can kill you. Medicines that have been developed from fungi are not a blend of the 1000 or more chemicals that may be good or harmful to one's health, especially concentrated. Chaga has very high levels of Oxalates, which can cause seriuos side effects and has been linked to at least one death. AND- you have ot cut the living part of the Chaga from a live tree. The conk itself doesn't offer  what many people are told from those who are trying to sell HYPE!
If some uses a mushroom, especially a concentrated extract and has some side effects, would they think they may be caused by the fungal extract? That's one reason human testing is essential in determining if any chemical is safe.  I've looked a many fungi and have found known side effects on only all but ONE Species.
Oyster mushrooms contain a statin ( lovastatin) , but does anyone know how much per ounce or pound one would need to take to have any effect to control cholesterol and what other issues that amount might cause. A research article on rabbits showed that oyster mushroom research showed serious liver and kidney issues, which were consistent with local reports form people. 

Go ahead and take a chance if you want. Eating many mushrroms  occasionally is common but too many or concentration may be detrimental. One's body can deal with low level of many toxins but not high levels.

If many of the supposed claims made about the efficiency of fungal chemical were remotely true then the big drug companies would be jumping all over them. Read the 2020 issue of Scientific American article on hoh the big pharmaceutical companies are using Artificial Intelligence to test new compounds since they are in a drug-discovery slump.

TimG, yes the science associated with the overall effects of using fungi for "medicinal" uses  is in a developmental stage. It is prudent to recommend caution/moderation. In fact, recently I made a post to WMH about some concerns regarding the use of Chaga. 

I think a good rule of thumb is that too much of anything can be a bad thing. Of course, this begs the question "what is too much?" In many cases, we have only anecdotal evidence to support a proposed answer to such questions. 

I was not aware of any such problem associated with consumption of Pleurotus. Do you have a reference?