I’ve got a question??

Bowguy

This year in the northeast the weather has been unseasonably warm w no snow. Very untypical of the winters. 
I understand the ground temps affect when things may pop but how much earlier would you expect things to start?? I know nothing is guaranteed just a curiosity question? 

My guess is that many mushrooms still need a specific temperature sustained for long enough to trigger "fruiting".

So a mild winter won't accelerate their emergence unless it is followed by a sustained hotter than usual spring and summer.

From over 30 years of keeping records, spring morels can fruit about 7-10 days early if the spring stays warm well over normal, without cold snaps. This has only happened 2 times in 30 years. Most years the begin date and peak dates varied by only 3-4 days at most. We've had some warm and some cold springs in that time.  Of course how much moisture there had been preceding the normal start time made more of a difference in if or how many we found.

If all other conditions are favorable, the earliest morels come up after sufficient degree-days of heat have accumulated.  This quantity can be calculated from weather records or can be obtained directly from maps available on the Web.  If anyone is interested, please refer to this previous discussion: https://wildmushroomhunting.org/index.php?/topic/326-figuring-out-when-to-look-for-morels/&tab=comments#comment-223972.

March 23, 2012 was --by far-- the earliest I have ever found morels (here in Luzerne County, PA). That year, January, February, and March were all several degrees above normal with the average March temperature being a whopping 11.9 degrees above normal. Certainly, this trend in above average temperatures leading up to Spring 2012 had a lot to do with morels popping so early. I also found Entoloma mushrooms during April. In southern PA I found Pluteus and Psathyrella mushrooms on April 5, 2012.

Just like any part of the year when it's warm enough for mushrooms, there needs to be sufficient rainfall in order for anything to happen.