How many?

I'm trying to get a rough idea of how many ounces of dried and split morels are in a quart jar. My scale won't weigh just a few ounces.

So, how many ounces do you think are in a quart jar of dried morels?

BTW, the reason I ask is I'm looking to barter them, or sell just enough for maple syrup sugaring supplies and want to make a fair trade. Also, I'm not sure what a fair price would be for an ounce, a few ounces, or a quart jar of dried morels.

These were yellow and gray morels from the '09 season and are still in great shape.

You could check prices at earthly delights online. I wouldn't think a quart of dried morels would weigh much. I suppose I could go open one and weigh it but I'm too lazy right now. (besides, mine are all in gallon jars bananadance.gif) I've been trying to make Seville Orange marmalade all day and it refuses to set! I really hate canning when it doesn't work!!! holycow.gif

That does help, thanks.

Do you folks think $45 shipped or $40 in trade would be a fair price for a quart of these?

Remember they are from 2009, but are still fresh smelling. We eat them. This is my personal stash, but I need sugaring equipment which is going to cost around $160.00 and I have 4 quarts of morels. I don't sell this kind of stuff and just want to make sure that whoever gets them is happy with the deal.