ID Large group of mushrooms

Nick

I found this rather large grouping of mushrooms the other day. The spot where they are yields many different fungi, so I wanted to find out what this kind was.

It appears to have a light brownish cap and the underside seems to be pinkish. 

It has gill-like folds that don't seem to be decurrent. The folds meet with the cap surface at the margin.

It was growing in a large spread cluster in dirt. 

It does not seem to bruise or change when damaged.

Nothing particular to note about the smell. 

I have been trying to spore print it but i'm having trouble. The ones that I collected have dried out and changed to a very pale color, opposed to the brown they started out as

Note that its been somewhat colder out now here in northern Florida. 

IMG_0312.PNG

IMG_0311.PNG

IMG_0310.PNG

IMG_0301.PNG

IMG_0300.PNG

IMG_0299.PNG

IMG_0298.PNG

I think these may be a species of Laccaria. The description of the undersides as "pinkish" supports this proposal. L. laccata is a widespread common species with variable overall appearance. All species of Laccaria are pale-spored mushrooms.

If spores are rusty, or rusty-brown, then I'd consider genus Cortinarius. 

Are there trees nearby? If so, what kind(s)? 

1 hour ago, Dave W said:

I think these may be a species of Laccaria. The description of the undersides as "pinkish" supports this proposal. L. laccata is a widespread common species with variable overall appearance. All species of Laccaria are pale-spored mushrooms.

If spores are rusty, or rusty-brown, then I'd consider genus Cortinarius. 

Are there trees nearby? If so, what kind(s)? 

There are mostly Oak trees around, I don't know why the mushroom wont drop spores. Ill keep trying, I might switch it for another and see if that one will yield a proper spore print. 

I have also upgraded to tin foil as that will hopefully yield a more precise color.