Pellets

brendan

So I came across this the other day. Was curious if anyone might have a thought as to what the little pellet shaped things on the mushrooms are, I was guessing they are animal related maybe? Not exactly a mushroom question I suppose. Mushrooms were growing on a fallen log, the pellets were all somewhat protected from rain etc by overhanging fungus. 

EDC80466-8658-4DD1-8553-47E6FBE98491.jpeg

Interesting, yeah my assumption was they must be some sort of dropping. But unless I'm mistaken, we don't have porcupine in my neck of the woods (just outside DC). They were about the size of BB's. I wouldn't have given them a second look except it seemed weird how they were all within the layers of the mushrooms, like some weird squirrel stash or something.