Is it some type of agaricus?

Kimon

Hi all, i found these mushrooms at a pine forest. Altitude no more than 300m, under a small tree, next to the remains of a trunk. White, with light brown gills. On the stem there is something like a veil. There were several mushrooms of the same kind, in different growth stages. I think this ''ring'' was covering the gills, as can be seen in picture number 3. The biggest mushroom was about 10cm long, with a 6-7 cm cap. My guess is that they are Agaricus Silvicola... In general, i d say i am pretty weary of agarica shrooms, as i am never 100% of their id, therefore i am very reluctant to pick them. Maybe it is time to make a proper spore print...

Regarding the last picture, i took it because i saw that the ground was covered with a white thing (there was heavy rainfall the previous night). Could this white thing be mycelium? Has it reached the surface?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...!

PB180852.JPG

PB180853.JPG

PB180855.JPG

PB180856.JPG

PB180857.JPG

PB180858.JPG

PB180859.JPG

PB180860.JPG

PB180863.JPG

The first several photos show what appears to be a species of Agaricus. Difficult to be precise about the species. Spore print will only confirm genus in this case. A. silvicola is a good proposal, but as you say, these can be difficult to pin down. Did you check the smell?

Bottom photo shows what appears to be a species of Mycena. I don't know what the white stuff is.

Good idea to photograph undersides of mushrooms meant for ID discussion. Also, the base of the stalk, which may need to be excavated. 

Smelling it has not occured to me. Yes, i ll smell it tomorrow morning (i ll go again for my morning walk). I didn't want to uproot them for no reason, thats why i havent checked the bottom... However, the photo before the last one shows it clearly has no bottom ring. Anyway, thanks for the answer. Agaricus it is, so no picking...