Possible Reishi Id?

Nick

I found these mushrooms growing on the side of an oak tree, I presume they are the same species by how similar they look, though they might not be. 

They both have a reddish cap with rings that can be grayish in some areas. The cap has a very firm woody texture as does the entire mushroom.

The underside appears to be Polyporus and is also very firm. The underside is white. The underside bruises brown when pressure is applied. 

The mushroom smells like a regular mushroom. 

IMG_9055.PNG

IMG_9054.PNG

IMG_9053.PNG

IMG_9052.PNG

Looks like the long arced one was a completely laterally attached "shelf". I think these are Ganoderma sessile. Although the one fruit body with the stubby stalk is not typical for G. sessile, Mushroom Expert does mention this possibility  http://www.mushroomexpert.com/ganoderma_sessile.html .

14 hours ago, Dave W said:

Looks like the long arced one was a completely laterally attached "shelf". I think these are Ganoderma sessile. Although the one fruit body with the stubby stalk is not typical for G. sessile, Mushroom Expert does mention this possibility  http://www.mushroomexpert.com/ganoderma_sessile.html .

The arced one was attached to a decaying log, A large portion of the center was rotted out. Thanks