Polypore ID?

Nick

I found these polypore mushrooms growing on some old oak logs.

The mushrooms have colors in rings thought they definetly aren't Turkey Tail. Brown to tan.

The caps are smooth yet rather rugged on some. 

The underside is white

The mushrooms have a regular mushroom smell

They were growing on the side of oak.

It seems like they are the same species however, two individuals, pictured last, seem to have slightly different coloring and or ring formation. 

IMG_9038.PNG

IMG_9040.PNG

IMG_9018.PNG

IMG_9017_(1).PNG

IMG_9025.PNG

IMG_9039.PNG

15 hours ago, Dave W said:

Resolution for photo of underside is not sharp enough to see whether the surface is smooth or with tiny pores (which may require minor magnification to see). 

My guess is these are a species of Trametes, possibly T. versicolor, Turkey Tail. 

The pore surface has tiny pores.    I thought turkey tail weren't this color, and were a lot smaller?

They are a bit on the large/thick side for T. versicolor. Another possibility for the species is T. hirsuta. But I would not dismiss the possibility of T. versicolor. Spore size for these two species is quite different, but you need a microscope to make this distinction. Color of fruit bodies is not inconsistent with my concept of T. versicolor.