Anyone know what these are?

Echo

First picture appears to be a pholiota species if I am correct in assuming they were growing at the base of a tree? The 2nd, unfortunately, I am not sure but it's possible it's a chicken of the woods. Others will know better on that as we don't find chickens in my area.

I agree the first photo shows a species of Pholiota. Does the second photo show these same mushrooms? 

The mushroom in the third/fourth photo appears to be apolypore, possibly Grifola frondosa (Hen of the Woods). But it's quite dried up and shriveled, so I can't say with confidence this is the ID; there are a few other species that are possible. Note: "Hen of the Woods" and "Chicken of the Woods" are not the same species. 

I agree with Dave on both counts. The last pics appear to be an old, shriveled G. frondosa. I looks just like this one I found late last October. I think some animal had been chewing on it.737904950_Grifola_frondosa_2018-10-25_001.thumb.jpg.5ccad51106ed567d555d3166540288ce.jpg

21 hours ago, Dave W said:

I agree the first photo shows a species of Pholiota. Does the second photo show these same mushrooms? 

The mushroom in the third/fourth photo appears to be apolypore, possibly Grifola frondosa (Hen of the Woods). But it's quite dried up and shriveled, so I can't say with confidence this is the ID; there are a few other species that are possible. Note: "Hen of the Woods" and "Chicken of the Woods" are not the same species. 

Yes, hen of the woods is what I meant. Thank you for correcting my mistake. Too many chicken mushrooms lol.

The pics of the first 2 are the same mushrooms; yes growing from bottom of a thick old tree. I did not peel anything; however i have left these mushrooms in cardboard boxes out doors & they have dried naturally while I have been trying to identify them. The 2nd pics are also same mushroom just different pics also dried naturally from being in brown paper or cardboard outdoors. 

So I was right!!?!? ....the one I thought was hen of woods is hen of the woods!...so now I just have to look up some great recipes and try and rehydrate my mushroom thank you so much you guys! I just now have to tell u what’s going on with those first mushrooms that look more like traditional mushrooms...I have no idea if they’re edible orNot but now that you guys have contributed with a species name, I will look them up online and go from there! I’m very excited that I have these answers thank you guys and now that I know where to post my pictures I’ll be sure to post fresher specimens; this was an act of desperation I assure you I have had them for weeks now and just could not bear to spread the spores & bring them back to the field without knowing what they were & like I said in a previous post I have wasted a few choice mushrooms because I didn’t know what they were and I really kicked myself in the butt for that. So yeah I’m not sure if they will be good rehydrated  but now that I know that that’s what it is I’m definitely going to try and figure out a recipe!! 

I am so grateful to those who posted on this thread!!

Echo in London (ON. Canada)

Don't eat the pholiota's (first pics). I don't think anyone has positively ID'd the hen like mushroom either. It is very possible it is Grifola Frondosa, however, be cautious because there are other possibilities. I always LIVE by the rule that even if there is a whisper of a chance it may not be what I think it is that I throw it out. Harsh rules, but better than a liver transplant. Therefore, IF you decide to throw caution to the wind I HIGHLY recommend you only eat a very small sample of this mushroom and wait several days before trying it again.

Also, please do return with any other mushrooms you may find and want to know what they are. However, the fresher the better. Dried or old mushrooms can be very difficult to provide a confident ID on.