Truffles??

Renee

Probably the first photo is the most accurate.  They look like golden potatoes. 

The last 3 pictures were taken on a napkin so I didn’t get a glare, as is also shown in the first photo. 

Hmmmmm...

But all photos are of the same thing....

These are three of them, poorly cleaned (any ideas as to how to clean them. I did use a brand new tooth brush).

the other two are similar to the larger one. 

I found then cleaning the debris off other beautiful mushrooms....

9028712C-FA72-489B-BDD6-43077E2D2AF8.jpeg

Truffles are hard to ID because there isn't a lot of information about them on the Web.  I looked through the Field Guide to North American Truffles and found several that look similar to your photos, but it's difficult to nail down the species.  Rhizopogon vinicolor looks close; but the detailed description mentions pink staining, and the size range is smaller than your specimens.  R. villosullus is also similar, but is supposed to smell like spicy, garlicky sausage.  Another similar one is R. subareolatus, but it also should show some pink staining.  The real problem with all of the Rhizopogon species that look similar is that they are associated with Douglas-Fir, not Ponderosa Pine.  It's difficult to search the book I used for truffles associated with Ponderosa Pine, and a Web search brought up nothing useful.

I'm not aware of any poisonous truffles; so, you could safely try eating a small amount to see if they are worth eating.  Most of the Rhizopogon species that I checked were described as insipid.