Amanita from Tuscany

tuscany

Driving slowly down a dirt road I caught a glimpse of this Amanita. No veil, cup in tact.  Gills appear waxy, white. Cap flat. I’m not even going to guess on this one.  About the only amanita I know is the death cap. Does not remind me of that.  Thanks for any guesses anyone may put forth. 

9C7AA864-431B-4BF9-8E10-5D7422371AA5.jpeg

6803D7C2-95BF-4EF9-9730-A7CBF0161C30.jpeg

065F890E-D65B-4C42-BD3B-4BEE9578F9CF.jpeg

BA0370BD-1AD1-405A-A276-E839E6793ED5.jpeg

Interesting mushroom. Definitely an Amanita. I see short striations along the cap margin, and the stalk appears to not ever had a ring (no partial veil remnants seen). These triats point toward section Vaginatae, as does the membranous basal volva.  However, the volval is vertically elongated (limbate), and this is a trait I'd associate more with section Phalloideae (deady types). One way to distinguish is my dropping a little Meltzer's reagent on a nice thick spore print. Phalloideae mushrooms have amyloid spores; the spores turn black in Meltzer's. If the spores are not amyloid (do not darken) then Vaginatae is likely, although there is a third possibility. Section Caesareae also has non-amyloid spores and saccate basal volva, although these types have partial veil... that falls off rather quickly in some of the smaller types. 

Shiny white cap reminds me more of section Phalloideae.