Pointy capped LBM?

Pinecones

4 minutes ago, MushroomDan said:

I heard that any brown Cort is deadly toxic

That's interesting to hear!  I don't touch any LBM as a food prospect.  I don't feel confident enough to differentiate them from one another.  I can walk up the hillside and pick 50+ tiny mushrooms, mostly brown/tan, every one would be a different species.  That's intimidating! 

9 minutes ago, Pinecones said:

That's interesting to hear!  I don't touch any LBM as a food prospect.  I don't feel confident enough to differentiate them from one another.  I can walk up the hillside and pick 50+ tiny mushrooms, mostly brown/tan, every one would be a different species.  That's intimidating! 

That is a smart move. I also stay away from any little brown thingies. For example we found a boat load of young Armillaria (edible, honey mushrooms), I took some photos to ID them on here. We did not keep or eat any of the honeys because what if one deadly galerina slipped in? Not taking any chances.

1 hour ago, MushroomDan said:

That is a smart move. I also stay away from any little brown thingies. For example we found a boat load of young Armillaria (edible, honey mushrooms), I took some photos to ID them on here. We did not keep or eat any of the honeys because what if one deadly galerina slipped in? Not taking any chances.

Deadly gals are much smaller than Honey mushrooms and are smooth capped. However, if you are not confident you did the right thing.

5 hours ago, GCn15 said:

Deadly gals are much smaller than Honey mushrooms and are smooth capped. However, if you are not confident you did the right thing.

the honeys we found were all small and young 

6 hours ago, GCn15 said:

Might be a good call then. Better safe than sorry if you're not familiar with honeys or deady gals.

Thanks! Yeah thats what I figured. I find a lot of Marasmius Oreades also, but always leave them behind. Too paranoid with LBM's.