Chanterelle-esque mushroom?

Pinecones

I figured they weren't chanterelles.  Paxillus involutus sure looks like it could be a candidate!  The I wish I could've found some prime mushrooms.   I will keep my eyes open for more if they crop in again!   The only thing I'm seeing is that even the photos I can find of old mushrooms they're very light in color.  But it's been frozen and we had some snow, so maybe the caps got frosted and oxidized a bit.  Hard to say.  Next time I find a good one I will get some proper identifying info on it and cross check it with p. involutus!

I found the stalk of what may have been the same mushroom in the same area; just the stalk was probably 1/2lb, it was HUGE.  A rodent had parted out the cap and stuffed it in a little chipmunk-sized root cellar under a root.  The cap segments looked like they could've been the same mushroom.  Wish I'd seen it in one piece!  What a monster!