ID help please!

Minnood

Ok I’m stumped, I’ve looked through our mushroom books and tried a couple of different fungi identification apps but I still have no idea what these little fellas are, they’re growing in a rosemary pot in the south east of the UK in our garden, and there’s tonnes of the blighters, they have brownish striations, look kind of a bright orange colour, some have darkish almost purple-y stipes and pale yellow gills - any suggestions? Thanks :)

so the only thing I’ve been able to find that looks remotely like these guys is the pholiotina cyanopus, but it doesn’t seem like their presence has been confirmed in the UK, and they don’t have as prominent striations or such a dark coloured ‘nipple’. Any advice on where I can continue my hunt for an ID would be gratefully received as I have no idea where to go from here 😂  I’m too curious to stop now! 

72DEF40D-FDAE-4283-A922-31DDFFFF5DCC.jpeg

Minnood - It's hard to tell from the single picture posted. I think your pholiotina cyanopus proposal is possible, but I understand why you question it. Another possibility is something from the "mycenoid" species. Mycena haematopus comes to mind and Mushroom Observer shows observations in UK. Yours look to be more orange colored, tho. Also M. haematopus grows on dead hardwood, not in potting soil. Another Mycena possible is Mycena sanguinolenta. Unfortunately, both these species will "bleed" and I don't see sign of that in your photo. If you squeeze the stipe, it will stain your fingers purple. These may be some other Mycena species. Mycena tend to bloom in bunches, as you suggest with, " there’s tonnes of the blighters". Love how you Brits speak! Often, if they don't dry out or rot away, Mycena will be parasitized by Spinellus fusiger as in this photo:

1274267505_Spinellus_fusiger_2018-9-24_111.thumb.jpg.2c6a8d0ee359d1d49500d81f5a1ae205.jpg

A spore print would be good to have. That will at least narrow down the field a little, as pholiotina cyanopus has brown spores and Mycena species will have white spore prints.

I think the mushrooms in the rosemary pot may be Gymnopus foetidus (although the stipes appear to be somewhat pale for this species). Use the following link and click on this species name to see a photo  http://www.aranzadi.eus/micologia/g . Do the mushrooms have an unpleasant odor? 

As has been mentioned, knowing  the spore print color would be helpful; also, seeing the undersides of some of the caps. 

Here's another suggestion/idea... species of Xeromphalina. Also, as Howard says, genus Mycena should be considered.