Ponderosa pine forest

Renee

Any staining noticed, blue or brown?  It appears to have had a veil by what looks like a veil scar around the stipe and possible veil bits on the cap.

I am leaning towards Suillus of some sort, especially with the slimy cap.

I don't know the western NA species of Suillus. There are a few interesting traits to note here... stalks not covered with glandular dots, and overhanging cap margin extending beyond the pore surface. Not sure about what to make of the deposits on the one stem... maybe remains of a partial veil, maybe glandular dots? Sometimes the color of the internal flesh is helpful when trying to ID Suillus. 

Ok thanks!! They are everywhere. The dark brown top, yellow stem ones and the lighter caramel brown top, white stem ones. I was thinking about taking the caps off, dehydrating them and using them in soups - Are they worth the time? I fried them up one time and they were quite slimy, so not sure if I should try to dehydrate them....

Some of the slimy Suillus species are okay edibles if the slimy cap cuticle is removed... which entails a fair amount of work. Not sure how they would work out dehydrated/rehydrated. East Europeans pickle/coldpack some types of slimy Suillus. I don't bother with using the slimy Suillus types as food.