Blewits?

troutddicted

The harvested mushrooms seen in the photos look like Blewits. As has been said above, spore print color is very useful for distinguishing Blewits from Cortinarius. 

I have seen large purple Corts growing in the same general wooded area as Blewits. Lepista nuda (Blewits) is a saprobic species that is found in a wide variety of habitat... woods, compost, yard waste, leaf litter, lawns. Cortinarius species are mycorrhizal, and grow only where there are trees.  

I've never done a spore print before. I just cut off most of the stem, put the gills faced down on a white sheet of paper and then covered it with a point glass for 12 hours. This is what I got.  I have it a bit to dry.  I'm really color blind so that's why I don't normally like messing with spore prints.  This didn't look like much happened, at least I can't see it. 

IMG_20190919_070405.jpg

IMG_20190919_070336.jpg

If you take your print where there is a air current or draft, cover with a glass. But if the mushrooms are too wet,  place something like a pencil under one side to allow humidity to escape.